Blake Huffman was born and raised in – and has always been committed to – the North Metro, Ramsey County area.
Blake Huffman has served as Ramsey County Commissioner for the past three years and is the youngest member to ever serve on the council. Prior to winning, he served as a Shoreview city councilman for 16 years, departing with a 98% approval rating to run for the Ramsey County Board’s 1st District seat against a 20-year incumbent, winning in the primary.
Huffman recently retired from his position as a Vice President of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage to focus full time on his community through public service and his nonprofit Journey Home Minnesota, which provides the opportunity of homeownership to survivors of domestic violence and veterans in the Twin Cities metro area.
Huffman attended Bethel University, where he met his wife Joy. He coaches baseball and soccer, and has cheered on countless hockey matchups for his six sons and two granddaughters.
“I learned the value of parenting from my folks. They showed up to see every baseball game, church softball game, and 30-second part I ever had in a school play.”
Committees, boards and commissions:
- I35W Corridor Committee (alternate)
- Rush Line Task Force (alternate)
- Metropolitan Transportation Advisory Board
- Resource Recovery Project Board Finance Committee
- Metropolitan Mosquito Control District Board
- Statewide Radio Board
- Substance Abuse Court Liaison
- TCAAP Joint Development Authority
- Willow Lake Nature Preserve
- Chairman of Board, Ramsey County Children’s Mental Health Collaborative
- Housing Redevelopment Authority — Chair
- Public Works, Parks and Solid Waste — Chair
- Metropolitan Emergency Services Board — Chair
- Community Action Partnership
- Audit; Budget; Legislative
- Finance, Personnel and Management
- Board/Bench Committee, County Facilities
- Human Services/Workforce Solutions
- 800 MHz Subsystem Policy Committee
- Public Safety and Justice
- Association Of MN Counties, District Representative
“By encouraging businesses to stay in our community, helping to bring in new employers and pulling together development projects, Blake has led the way for thousands of new jobs for the people of Ramsey County through his economic development efforts.”
“When it comes to homeownership, Blake helped thousands of families when he had the opportunity in his professional life, and he helps them today through his nonprofit Journey Home Minnesota. He walks the walk.”
“Blake Huffman has been serving our community for years, getting more and more done for all of us – and he has never once voted for a tax increase – not once.”